This class will equip students with the fundamentals of writing and performing stand up comedy. We will work towards writing a “tight-five” minute stand up set, like you might see on late night talk shows. Students will develop their comedic point-of-view and stand-up persona as well as an understanding of writing jokes and delivering a punch-line.
For admittance into this course, you will need to answer and submit the following:
- Who are your comedy idols and why? They do not have to be stand up comedians.
- What is something that really pisses you off?
- What is something that really turns you on?
- What’s the weirdest or dumbest thing that ever happened to you?
- Write three jokes or things you think are funny about one of the following subjects: school, parents, dating.
Submit this in a word doc to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you don’t get in, does that mean you’re not funny? Of course not, it just means comedy is subjective and life isn’t fair.