The course will be for sustained work on an animation or design project, and should be a space for both experimentation, ambition and a consistent endeavor. Students will be expected to create a complete animation, a series of experiments or interactive project. The expectation is that students will be fully engaged in all aspects of the class from critiques, to experimenting with ideas, undertaking research and being present. Locations may be explored for showing of work including investigating digital projections on different surfaces and forms.
A public showing will be required.
· Experience taking a narrative and giving it physical form and movement
· Experimenting with different ways to achieve a sequence of events
· Exhibit their work in an end-of-the-term exhibition/screening.
· Learning a mixture of digital and analogue methods
· Seeing how the juxtaposition of scale/narratives/forms can shift perspectives
· Complete a project by time management
Delivery Method: Fully in-person
Prerequisites: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a statement of interest as well as relevant experience by 1st May, 2022.
Course Level: 4000-level
F 8:30AM - 12:10PM (Full-term)
Maximum Enrollment: 12
Course Frequency: Every Term
Categories: All courses , Media Arts , Fully In-Person