Students will work towards completing one piece or body or work of their own devising during the course of the semester. In general, this course is intended for seventh- and eighth-term students with a Plan concentration in Film/Video who have already taken Advanced Projects in the prior fall, but exceptions may be made by permission of the instructor. Students will concentrate on their own production and editing processes in this course, while the course will balance a schedule of regular group critiques and individual meetings with technical workshops in post-production, presentation/exhibition formats, as well as planning and placement of work post-graduation. The class will be concluded with online and in-person screening events, as conditions permit.
In this term, students will:
- Focus on a significant video production of their own devising;
- Put to use all the tools of pre-production such as storyboarding, budgeting, scheduling, and sound and visual design;
- Put to use best practices for 4K production workflow from cinematography to post to color grading;-
- Develop their advanced work through both individual meetings with the instructor and presentations to the group;
- Exhibit their work in an end-of-the-year exhibition/screening.
Delivery Method: Fully in-person
Prerequisites: By email permission of the instructor (email: email@example.com).
Course Level: 4000-level
T 8:30AM - 12:10PM (Full-term)
Maximum Enrollment: 12
Course Frequency: Once a year
Categories: All courses , Film and Video , Fully In-Person