Individual training is available in jazz, modern and classical guitar technique and repertoire, song accompaniment (finger style), improvisation, and arranging and composing for the guitar. Course material is tailored to the interests and level of the individual student.
• Understanding of all major and minor scales in five to seven positions on the neck of the instrument.
• Advanced fingerboard harmony.
• Understanding and being able to play all chord inversions.
• There are many advanced styles of guitar playing i.e. Classical, Jazz etc. The student and instructor can discuss and decide if there is a direction the student would like to focus on. If Classical - studying and performing such composers as Sor, Villa Lobos, Brawer, etc. If Jazz - studying Charlie Parker, John Coltrane, Miles Davis.
• Creating Chord melodies of songs from the great American Songbook and current popular music.
• Performing during the semester at least two times at music workshop or its equivalent.
• Advanced scales - Harmonic minor, diminished, blues, advanced pentatonic scales and the seven modes.
Delivery Method: Fully remote
Prerequisites: Successful completion of Beginning and Intermediate Guitar or audition by instructor. Auditions will be held May 8-12, 2023, and are by appointment via Zoom, Skype or Facetime; to schedule, email email@example.com.
Corequisites: Attendance at Music Workshop (Tuesday, 6:30 – 8:00 pm).
Course Level: 4000-level
Maximum Enrollment: 5
Course Frequency: Every Term
Categories: 4000 , All courses , Fully remote , Instrumental Study , Two Credit