Make it monumentality! In this course you will learn methods of building large-scale ceramic sculpture including historic and contemporary techniques, as well as conceptual and political implications of building big. The potential for conceptual, visual, and functional activation of space will be explored. Students will gain valuable building and surface skills through simple but effective construction techniques.
* Build upon established technical proficiency in the hand building processes to produce a finished ceramic object
* Comprehension of the materials, equipment and studio procedures for working with clay
* Develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills to successfully navigate from preparatory sketches/activities through completed ceramic projects
* Understand and utilize of standard vocabulary to effectively verbally analyze completed ceramic project clearly
* Ask meaningful questions, identify ideas and issues, and be able to actively participate in a critical dialogue
* Recognize their shared responsibility in cultivating an engaging, respectful, and productive learning community
Delivery Method: Fully in-person
Prerequisites: Students must of successfully completed a ceramics course, preferably Hand As Tool.
Course Level: 4000-level
W 8:30AM - 12:10PM (Full-term)
Maximum Enrollment: 12
Course Frequency: One time only
Categories: 4000 , All courses , Ceramics , Four Credit , Fully In-Person , New Courses , Updates