This course supports advanced students in planning, pre-production, and early production for more complex, larger-scale, longer-duration, self-directed film/video projects. Please note that this course is primarily intended for and used by seventh-term and eighth-term students with a Plan concentration in film, video, or screenwriting. Exceptions may be made on the recommendation of a Plan committee and with the permission of the instructor. If you are trying to finish advanced film/video work during the fall term, or preparing to shoot over FWT, or laying the groundwork for a project to be finished in the spring term, this course is probably for you.
This course will meet in person, but is accessible to remote students by request. Remote students may be asked to complete some of their work asynchronously.
Overall, the course is designed to help you think through your advanced work and remain accountable to your own best timeline for completing it.
Across this term, students will:
- learn how to use timelines, treatments, shooting scripts, storyboards, shot lists, budgets and diagrams to plan their own projects, whether narrative, documentary, experimental or installation;
- gain insight into the production process by looking at well-known films and videos alongside their scripts or storyboards;
- watch and critically respond to additional film screenings;
- be introduced to best practices for 4K production workflow from cinematography to post to color grading;-
- develop their advanced work through both individual meetings with the instructor and presentations to the group;
- workshop their project ideas, planning documents, test footage or rushes, and/or cuts of their advanced work, depending on their project stage.
Delivery Method: Remotely accessible
Prerequisites: Intermediate Video or permission of the instructor.
Corequisites: For seniors only, Intermediate Video may also be taken as a co-requisite by permission of the instructor
Course Level: 4000-level
Tu 2:10PM - 4:00PM (Full-term)
Maximum Enrollment: 14
Course Frequency: Once a year
Categories: All courses , Film and Video , Remotely Accessible