This singing ensemble is dedicated to the preservation and performance of African-American sacred music. The repertoire will consist primarily of gospel and spiritual music as understood in its historical and social context.
1) Appreciate the significant contributions and impact of African-American Spirituals, Gospel music and culture to world society
2) Be able to subsequently apply knowledge of this music-culture to understanding of other music and arts cultures.
3) Build community and raise consciousness.
4) Build musical skills, in particular, aural and improvisatory skills
5) Build confidence and forthrightness.
Delivery Method: Fully in-person
Course Level: 2000-level
M 7:00PM - 8:50PM (Full-term)
Maximum Enrollment: 50
Course Frequency: One time only
Categories: All courses , Fully In-Person , Music , Updates