The class will be concerned with animating inanimate objects by stop motion, drawings, and cut out collages. A variety of filmmakers and techniques will be looked at during the course of the semester. Students will be expected to produce a variety of short projects over the first seven weeks based on current affairs, followed by a longer more sustained project based on potentially poems. Students will be instructed in using ‘Dragonframe’ Software, the Multiplane process, rotoscoping and video editing software.
Experimentation with ways animation are presented will be undertaken; projection, web, etc.
· Experience taking a narrative and giving it physical form and movement
· Experimenting with different ways to achieve a sequence of events
· Exhibit their work in an end-of-the-term exhibition/screening.
· Learning a mixture of digital and analogue methods
· Seeing how the juxtaposition of scale/narratives/forms can shift perspectives
Delivery Method: Fully in-person
Course Level: 2000-level
W 8:30AM - 12:10PM (Full-term)
Maximum Enrollment: 12
Course Frequency: Once a year
Categories: Fully In-Person , All courses , Media Arts